Whatever happened to punch? You know, the big ol’ punch bowl at a party?
We’ve probably grown past the super-sweet sherbert-circle in the middle of yesteryear; instead, think of more sophisticated concoctions like blackberry mojito or strawberry sangria punches. Sounds pretty tasty, right?
Thanks to sites like Pinterest, methinks that punch is on the comeback. I recently pinned the Moscato Summer Punch, and made it this weekend for a party. It was a big hit, and I had just enough left over to enjoy later. Here’s the recipe:
Moscato Summer Punch
- 1 bottle of Moscato d’Asti Wine
- 1 liter of Seagrum’ s Ginger Ale
- 1 can of the frozen pink lemonade concentrate
- 3 cups of pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- Sliced strawberries
- Chunked cantaloupe
- Chunked pineapple
Place all in a punch bowl and cover in refrigerator for 2 hours and serve.
Another punch that I liked more, was the Blackberry Mojito Punch that I mentioned earlier. It appeared in a spread in Southern Living about holiday-themed punches, and we made it for Christmas. It was truly incredible. However, given the ingredients, I think it’s rather summery and would be perfect to make right now.
Blackberry Mojito Punch
- 3 cups blueberry-blackberry juice blend
- 2 (12-oz.) cans frozen mojito mix
- 2 (1-liter) bottles club soda, chilled
- 1 1/2 cups white rum
- 3 limes, sliced
- 1 (12-oz.) package frozen blackberries
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Stir together blueberry-blackberry juice blend, mojito mix, chilled club soda, white rum, sliced limes, and frozen blackberries. Serve over ice. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
Story & photos by Jenny Brockwell